Monday, October 1, 2007

the end is the beginning

Yesterday, I had finished putting together a bookcase to store most of my regular DVDs. So I went back to my former house, which had been empty and locked, to pick up the box in whichI had packed about 90% of my DVD collection. There were about 2-300 DVDs, not to mention the entire runs of Buffy and Angel and a number of other TV shows.

When I arrived, it was gone. Nothing else was touched, but the box containing all of my DVDs was nowhere to be seen. I looked absolutely everywhere, even though I never moved them from my room. Nowhere to be seen.

My DVDS were my babies, a collection I had proudly been working on for the last 10 years of my life.

Surreally enough, even though I was shocked, appalled and obviously very sad, I've been pretty positive about it. I mean, I could either wallow about in self pity, or, keep the swagger in my step and just begin to rebuild. It's going to take some time and budget management, but by becoming even closer friends with Half.com, I should recover a good number of them within a few months (hopefully).

3 comments:

dan.has.spoken said...

Oh man, sorry to hear about your collection. I know if I had lost mine, I would have definitely "wallow in self pity" and surely not have kept my "swagger". You're a bigger man my friend. Now I must go watch some seasons of Buffy that I recently aquired from....some wheres....

c e re b oso said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. =(

Memoirs of a Pastafarian King said...

talk about tragedy :(

I changed my URL, just to let you know.