Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ah Well, At Least It's Entertaining

I'm beginning to wonder if in addition to "Good Morning, Internets" I should start one entitled "Poster Child For Abortion (or Pro-Choice..or what have you).

This jackass takes the cake today. Apparently, in an effort to prove himself a waste of my valuable oxygen, the so-called Zune Guy wishes to legally change his name to Microsoft Zune.

Now, on to the less abysmally stupid and to the odd:

A German businessman plans to launch the country's first television channel dedicated to funerals and mourning, complete with death announcements and documentaries about cemeteries. Personally, I think this is a wonderful idea. Think of all the fucked up children this will create if a parent threatens to re-enact what is shown on the telly. You can bet little Gunter will eat his fucking sauerkraut now.

As some of you know, the Writer's Guild of America is on strike. I am told, that there actually are some real goals aside from getting more money, however, that sort of information isn't being given to the public. In an industry where public image is greatly important, I think this unwise.

More to the point, I don't care. At the end of the day, I just want to see my goddamn stories, and if I don't care if it's the whiners or the tightwads in suits who are at the fault. Someone needs to go in and fix this shit instead of having a staring contest like everyone's autistic.

I would love, however, to explain why these little groups really even exist anymore. The union seems pretty much a dead thing in America. Or it's just proof of power corrupting. Who knows. This is not an area I am well schooled or researched in, which is why I'm talking mainly out of my ass, Variety articles, and the bane of all existence (which is why I use it, to annoy you), Wikipedia.

No comments: