Thursday, September 27, 2007

i know, i know

People tend to be caught off guard by my infatuation with Amanda Bynes. But then again, people are also generally unaware of my unapologetic love for romantic comedies. Not just quality work like Love Actually, Grosse Pointe Blank or High Fidelity, but She's The Man and Stick It. Now while I obviously love a variety of quality and craptastic selections from this genre, my focus on Amanda Bynes flabbergasts most. I have a real soft spot for her movies, which I always, at the very least, enjoy (the recent Sydney White) but generally put in line with my favorite romantic comedies (She's The Man, What A Girl Wants). They're always extremely cute little flicks.

She just comes off as someone I'd always want to be around. She's goofy. I like that a lot in a girl. People think just because I value someone with a brain, all I want to do is sit around and pontificate bullshit all day. Look, I value intelligence, but as with any personal characteristic, it takes much more than just one good quality to go towards how I value someone. And from reading interviews with her, she seems refreshingly down to earth and not full of ego like most young women in Hollywood.

And of course, she has a very unique, quirky kind of beauty.

2 comments:

dan.has.spoken said...

Just say it...you're obsessed. lol.

Memoirs of a Pastafarian King said...

I do actually have Gears of War. it is quite fun :)

amanda bynes is fun