Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Good Morning (And Go Vote), Internets

"If you don't vote, you're a moron. "Not voting is a vote" - no it isn't!! Not voting is just being stupid. Voting is not sexy. Voting is not hip. It is not fashionable. It is not a movie. It is not a videogame. Frankly, voting is a pain in the ass. But here is a word, look it up, it's your duty to vote!

Listen. I am an American. This country is at war right now! Americans in foreign lands wearing uniform representing this country are losing their lives. Americans here in this country are losing their homes. We have two patriotic candidates. Both love this country, but have different ideas what to do with it. Learn about them. Read about them. Question them. Listen to them. Then on Election Day, exercise your sacred right as American and listen to yourself.

How could you be not interested in politics? You have to have an opinion about something! "I'm not interested in politics" - do you live anywhere? Do you shop anywhere? Do you drive a car? Do you put on pants? Do you leave your house at any point? Do you own your house? Do you rent the house? Do you ever hope that the police will save you from something that may or may not be illegal? Of course you are involved in politics! If you are alive you are involved in politics!!" - Craig Ferguson

Re-posting the excellent monologue by Mr. Craig Ferguson, late night's best host. Because some of you people still haven't learned a damned thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I imagine that this is concerning me to some degree, soOoOoOo...
1. I sold out Myles, I voted. Not because it's my duty, because it's not. Not because everyone bitched at me about it, because I could honestly care less. I voted for Chuck Baldwin because Barack Obama and John McCain aren't patriotic. Patriotic people do not stand in direct defiance of the things that make this country great. Both of these asshole have, do and will. And I sure as hell didn't vote because you called me a moron, but if you would like to take credit for inspiring a vote, feel free. I'm an equal-opportunity employer.
2. It is our right to vote, God given or otherwise, and to badger people and call them morons for not voting is worse than taking that 'right' away from them if you ask me. I'm not easily offended but I was well on my way. I've since relaxed and realized that I'm sure your intentions were in someway respectable. You know, this ultra-American attitude that everyone has adapted lately is really embarrassing, especially because a great majority of the population are obviously not listening to anything that either party is saying. If they were they would be running like hell. Which is why I pose the argument that yes, voting is fashionable, trendy, cool, hip and totally righteous. ESPECIALLY among the Obama crowd. I have three words for you. Record poll attendance.
3. Thanks for being wrong with good intentions, I hope that this doesn't hurt our already distant friendship. I do respect you and your opinion, for now. Oh and I nearly forgot, Craig Ferguson isn't that funny.


Your friend,
Daniel