Monday, August 4, 2008

Good Morning, Internets

I have been severely absent from the Internets this past week for two reasons. However, it's the second that has taken priority.
1). I've been moving from my apartment into a house and we've had problems with our services "providers."

2). One of my best and dearest friends, Monica Wallace, was admitted to Mary Black Hospital last Wednesday. She had been sick since the previous Monday. At first it just seemed like heavy flu symptoms. She went to the doctor twice and, though they weren't entirely sure, they theorized she had a kidney infection that would soon pass and as long as she kept hydrated. Last Saturday through Tuesday she had begun to feel a bit better. We had lunch and dinner most days so I knew she was at least improving.

Last Wednesday, I texted her twin sister who had just come back into town asking how Mo was doing. Turns out, she regressed and they were taking her to the doctor for a third time. She was admitted to Mary Black late that evening. Since Thursday, if I have no been at work, I've been at the hospital. They ran a Lumbar puncture (spinal tap), CT scan, EKG, MRI, and blood tests. We still don't know what's wrong.

However, she is slightly improving. Yesterday, she ate solid food for the first time since Tuesday. she's trying to walk around a little at least twice a day and her sensitivity to light is less severe. She's still extremely sick, but these are good signs. It means at leas tone of the treatments they're giving her is working, they just have to figure out which so they can properly administer her back to health. Or...at least to the point where she won't need hospitalization.

Obviously, while I'm at work, I'm online, but for the most part, due to not being home (where I have no nets), being blocked by the hospital (they blocked MySpace and Facebook), and helping taking care of a best friend, I'm going to be pretty sparse.

That's the short version.

Also, someone tell this gentleman: "ur doin it wrong"

Photobucket

No comments: